PAGES

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wait for it...

So these past couple of weeks God has really been teaching me exactly what Pastor Chris talked about last week at New Life: PATIENCE. Some of you may know, but I will fill everyone in: I have been without of my VW Beetle for about 3 weeks now because it has stopped running. Whenever I start it it just shuts back down. After discovering that it is highly likely that it was because of my fuel pump not working, I went and bought a new fuel pump. I ordered it from Advance Auto Saturday April 12, and had to WAIT to get it in last Thursday. So anyway, this Saturday I installed it into my car and as I went to hook up the electrical connection I realized that the fuel pump has the wrong connection and would not plug into the connector. Soooo, I called Advance and they told me that depending on what time of the year my 98 Beetle was built results in a differnt type of fuel pump. As I was on the phone with them I really became frustrated because I really need my car! So now I am waiting until, hopefully, sometime today to get the new fuel pump.


So why am I telling you this??? Because after Pastor Chris's message on Sunday, God opened my heart to the fact that I should not be frustrated but rather trust God and wait on Him! This time without my car has been a great time of just spending time with God and talking to Him about everything. Patience is a very important aspect of the Fruit of the Spirit and as I grow closer to God I see this area in particular is one that I really struggle in. (Just ask my wife!!! :) ) The awesome thing is that after this bout with my car not working and having time to just spend with God has helped me develop a healthy habit where I pray when I feel the stress of not having a car when I need to be somewhere. It isn't just that stress of this situation but to wait on God for everything and be patient knowing that he will take care of any situation as long as I seek Him and ask Him and wait for his timing and his way. His way is not Brad's way. It is a good thing that God is in conrtol (Sovereign), Amen!


1 I wait quietly before God,
for my victory comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will never be shaken.

Psalm 62:1-2


Peace,


Brad


brad@newlifexn.org

No comments: