PAGES

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

House MD vs. Jesus RLC (Real Life Changer)

I really like the TV show House. Why do I like it? It is intriguing. Houses character intrigues me. I wonder to myself, how many people are actually like house in the world? People who get so caught up in their own intelligence and arrogance that they are unwilling to change because they think that what they are can never get better. In the latest episode of House at the end House says "This is the only me you get." He was referring to making a "change" that if made would have taken away the pain in his life and brought him peace. Instead he decides to neglect that change and live, by choice, in pain and suffering trusting only in himself and no one else.

I implore you, do not be like house. If you are living in pain and suffering there is a change that you can make. That change is found in Jesus Christ. Jesus came to take on our sin and defeat it so that we can be in a right relationship with God! Jesus came that we might have peace not suffering. That we may be found forgiven and justified before God not thrown out and condemned. That we may have eternal life in Heaven and not Hell. Yet, when I read the news I am blown away by so many people who get caught up in themselves (all over the world) and cause needless pain and suffering!

We humans are given to the disease of sin. Jesus is the only remedy for that disease. Jesus shows us how to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with our God. (Micah 6:8) Jesus brings peace through salvation. Jesus gives hope through forgiveness of sins. Jesus is the only bridge between us and our creator God! This isn't the "only me you get". There is a new "me" waiting to be discovered and continually developed in following Jesus. So I implore all of us to not get caught up in the self-reliant culture of House and get caught up into self-less reliance on God.

No comments: